Everyone needs a break from their work schedule and hectic daily routines. Travelling is the best medicine for all your worries. Some love to travel in a group with family and friends, while others love to go on a long-term solo trip to explore new boundaries. But there could be a few challenges which you can face during your long term slow travel. Firstly, you need to decide that will you be continuously on the move during your travel or will you settle for a bit during the travel time. Then, choose the destinations and book your domestic flights on HappyEasyGo to save money. Read further to know about the challenges of long-term travel and how to overcome them.
Travellers are often confused about which is the best destination to travel for their long-term travel plans. Well, the answer lies with you only. If you are planning to settle for some time before moving on to another, then pick a destination you are passionate about. The destination could be any, perhaps where you could enjoy the food, or admire the scenic beauty, or speak its native language. If you are a history buff, you might want to explore the culture and heritage of a particular place. Any of these reasons will suffice for a long-term traveller to pick a destination for their trip.
Creating the travel itinerary
It is not very easy to plan a long trip, especially when it covers several destinations. You need to set out a plan which falls under your budget, covers your online air tickets, and is according to your schedule. Here are a few things you should keep in mind while creating your travel itinerary:
- Make a wish list of your favourite cities. If you have more time in hand, increase the destinations to cover.
- Find out how far you are geographically from the places you wish to cover while travelling long term.
- If you have flexibility of time, choose destinations where you can travel by road. By ground transportation, you will also be able to explore the natural beauty on your way to your destination city.
- Plan on an average number of days you wish to travel. This will help you in spending the right time at one destination and you will not lag behind with your schedule.
- Choose a season and month that best suits you. Suppose, you do not like summers, so it is not recommendable for you to travel during the summer months as you might be irritated with the weather and would want to return home in a hurry.
- Once you have decided on the place and month of travel, you need to take care of some logistics including your flights. For your budget-friendly flights, consider booking on HappyEasyGo as you can save big using the HEG’s discount coupons and offers. You can also select from a range of stopover flights to save money during your trip.
Check the cost of settling at a destination as compared to the cost in your city. For those, who are willing to travel for long term, checking out this estimate is a must. Also, check how much it will cost you approximately to travel from one place to another to eliminate any over-budget destinations from your list. You should also be aware of the local transport available at a place. Travel more on the local transport rather than booking an entire cab for yourself, so you can save more during the trip.
Choosing affordable accommodation
Put-out a word on social websites for the type and place of accommodation that you are looking for. You can also choose from a short-term rental. You can also ask for photos and feedbacks of the place to choose the best one that is under your budget. It is always best to book your accommodation and flights before-hand to save yourself from the last-minute hassles. Visit websites like HappyEasyGo to get the best deals on hotels. This will save your time in contacting the host and negotiating with them on the prices.
Many of you might be thinking that if you are travelling for long-term, you will have to pack a lot of stuff, but this is really not the case. Pack light with only the most essential stuff that you would require during your travel. If you are planning to settle at one place for a short time, you can always wash off your clothes to use it again. During your trip also, only buy things that you think you really need. Do not spend too much on buying new things, as this will not only increase the weight you have to carry, but will also raise you over the budget. Choose a backpack rather than a carry-on case or a roller bag as these could be heavy and inconvenient for a longer travel. A backpack is the best choice while travelling long distances, and climbing up and down the stairs.
When all the above-mentioned pointers are sorted for you, now it’s time to start looking for the best flight ticket offers on HappyEasyGo. Book your tickets in advance on the HappyEasyGo website or the app. You can download the HEG app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. The HappyEasyGo app lets you to make new bookings or manage your existing bookings directly from your smartphone.