The month of July is synonymous with the arrival of monsoon in most parts of India. It is a magical time when the downpour washes the environment and everything becomes pristine and pure. Monsoon is also a great time to travel as it marks the end of the summer season in the country. Therefore, you can stop dreading the scorching sun and step out from the shadows to explore all the beautiful places in the world. But where to go? What are the best destinations to visit in July in India? This blog will help you find the absolutely incredible places you can visit during this time. Check these out below:
Lonavala has its name immortalised as one of the best hill stations near Mumbai and Pune. Although it remains swamped with people from the two major cities almost all around the year, July is a special time to plan a trip. This is when the environs of Lonavala remain enveloped in lush greenery and the weather is at its best. And that is why it is on our list of best places in India to visit in July. Do not forget to visit Khandala, another popular hill station near Mumbai which is only 5 km from Lonavala.
Things to do in Lonavala:
- Capture panoramic vistas from Tiger’s Leap
- Marvel at the gorgeous Lonavala Lake
- Trek to Rajmachi Fort
- Explore the intriguing Karla Caves
Nainital is our next best place to visit in July. Among the most sought-after hill stations near Delhi, Nainital is settled around an eponymous waterbody which is its prime attraction. It is frequented by a vast number of tourists, seeking an escape from the heat. The salubrious weather of Nainital in July will make you forget about the hassles of the everyday life. Moreover, the numerous points of interest in Nainital make it a top place to visit in July.
Things to do in Nainital:
- Go for a boat ride on Nainital lake
- Click pictures of snow-clad mountains from Snow View point
- Try rock climbing
- Collect Tibetan artefacts at Tibetan Market
There are some places in India that grace almost everyone’s bucket list, and among these in Leh-Ladakh. This gorgeous place giving you a glimpse of the beauty of Kashmir with its soaring mountains, meandering rivers and umpteen adventure sports opportunities. The city of Leh is a dream destination for culture enthusiasts who can learn about the simple yet intriguing Buddhist way of life. Although a bike trip to Ladakh is one of the bucket list-worthy adventure activities in India, you can also book cheap flights to Leh if bike journey is not our cup of tea. Leh-Ladakh is among the best places to travel in india, so make your trip happen this July.
Things to do in Leh-Ladakh:
- Explore the 17th-century Leh Palace
- Delve into Buddhist culture at Thiksey Monastery
- Take a tour of Zanskar Valley
- Go on an excursion to Pangong Tso
Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh
The cold desert mountain valley of Spiti is an enchanting realm of sky-piercing mountains, vivid biodiversity and breathtaking lakes. It is one of the most famous trekking destinations in India, drawing hikers from India and abroad. Translating to “the Middle Land,” it represents the area between the rest of India and Tibet. As a result, the Spiti Valley boasts an intriguing culture which is a blend of many. If you are an adventurer, Spiti Valley is a great place to visit in India during July-August.
Things to do in Spiti Valley:
- Get awe-inspired by the beauty of Chandra Tal
- Ride to the highest motorable village in the world at Komik
- Seek solace at Kungri Monastery
- Go for river rafting
You may be surprised to find Udaipur on our list of best places to visit in India in July when everyone knows that the best time to explore Rajasthan is the winter season. However, these can be a little crowded as this is the peak travel season. July is when one can conveniently explore the local attractions comfortably without having to deal with blistering heat. And therefore, Udaipur is among the top tourist places to visit in July in India. Book your accommodation in advance to save money.
Things to do in Udaipur:
- Travel back in time at City Palace
- Shop till you drop at local bazaars
- Enjoy a boat ride on Fateh Sagar Lake
- Pay a visit to Jagdish Temple
Amarnath Temple, Jammu and Kashmir
Located in Jammu and Kashmir, Amarnath Temple is one of the most significant shrines for Hindus. Lakhs of pilgrims take on a demanding journey taking one through the rough terrain of huge boulders, steep slopes and rocky roads. The doors to the cave temple open every year in July-August, and that is when swathes of devotees embark on a treacherous journey to the shrine. If you are intrigued, it is a great adventure to indulge in and an interesting place in India to visit in July.
Things to do on Amarnath Yatra:
- Seek blessings of Lord Shiva inside the 40-metre Amarnath Temple cave
- Take in stunning views of the mountains
- Soak in the beauty of Baltal
- Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu Known for its granite cliffs, lush valleys and cascading waterfalls, Kodaikanal is rightfully one of the most famed hill stations in the region. The small town is centred-around a serene, star-shaped man-made lake which is fringed by rich greenery on all sides. While it is a year-round destination, the monsoon season will make your trip to Kodaikanal even more memorable with scenic vistas of soaring peaks and great weather.
Things to do in Kodaikanal:
- Go boating on Kodaikanal Lake
- Hike on the mountains near town
- Behold the Silver Cascade Falls
- Click pictures against the backdrop of Bear Shola Falls
- Seek solace at Kurinji Andavar Temple
- Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh
- If you are looking for a Northeast Indian destination to visit in July, then Tawang is a great bet. It is a treasure-trove of nature and culture where your eyes feast of views of snow-clad peaks and rich Buddhist culture brings peace to the soul. There is so much to see and do on a Tawang trip that you will be left spoilt for choice. High-altitude passes, gorgeous waterfalls, gompas are only a few among these.Things to do in Tawang:
- Hike to Gorichen Peak
- Spend a day at Shonga-Tser Lake
- Stroll around Madhuri Lake
- Go for retail therapy at Tibetan Settlement Market
- Shillong, Meghalaya
Shillong is another entry from Northeast India on this list of best places in India to visit in July. The capital of the Meghalaya state is marked with pristine lakes and soaring mountains, drawing nature lovers and solitude seekers from near and far. It is a great escape for those seeking to break the monotony of life but wish to visit a lesser-known or under-rated destination on this outing. You can easily book cheap flight tickets and arrive in Shillong.
Things to do in Shillong:
- Go boating on Umiam Lake
- Try angling at Dawki
- Capture panoramic views from Shillong View Point
- Behold Elephant Falls
Mount Abu, Rajasthan
Famed as the only hill station in Rajasthan, Mount Abu, with its salubrious weather and rolling hills, is a great place to visit in India in July. Although you can visit the place any time of the year, July or the monsoon season is especially great owing to the weather conditions during this time. So, if you were looking for a place to visit in July in West India, Mount Abu is worth considering.
Things to do in Mount Abu:
- Boat ride on Nakki Lake
- Visit Crocodile Park
- Pay homage at Dilwara Temples
- Capture scenic views from Toad Rock
So, these are our picks of the best places to visit in India in July. All you need to do is pick one, or maybe more, and go on the vacation. HappyEasyGo brings you the best price for flights and hotels. Find the best rates on our Android or iOS app.